Heart disease can be prevented, and even reversed, through proper nutrition. At Montgomery Heart & Wellness we’ve seen hundreds of patients achieve astounding results just by changing what they eat. The story of Sheila Lewis is just one example. Watch this video and see the results for yourself.
The Root Cause of Heart Disease is in the Foods We Eat
Cardiovascular disease statistics from the American Heart Association, based on 2007 data, show some interesting facts:
- Coronary heart disease (CHD) is the leading cause of death in the U.S.
- About 452 million people die each year from CHD.
- 1.26 million Americans are estimated to suffer an initial or recurrent heart attack each year.
- Over 10 million people suffer from angina pectoris—symptoms caused by poor blood circulation to the heart.
- It is estimated that 500,000 new cases of stable angina occur each year.
- 17.6 million people alive today have a history of heart attack, angina pectoris, or both.
- Approximately 7.9 million Americans age 20 and older have experienced a prior heart attack.
As we spend more and more money on healthcare, yet continue to see a rise in heart disease, we must take a step back and evaluate our approach. Using more pills and more procedures is simply not working. To truly prevent and reverse heart disease, we must get to the root cause, which is in the foods we eat.
Most people agree in theory that following a diet based on good nutrition is important and has a significant influence over their health and well-being. Unfortunately, too many do not recognize what a nutritionally sound diet consists of. They have bought into the ageless perception that anything taken in moderation is okay.
The truth is that moderation is inadequate at best, and potentially even deadly. Furthermore, achieving optimal nutrition goes beyond keeping track of calories, protein, fats, carbohydrates, and portion sizes. Although these are important aspects of how we nourish our bodies, our nutritional health is based on factors that are more fundamental. The body is a very complex structure of anatomical, biochemical, and physiological organ systems.
The intricacies of how these systems function and interact with each other are beyond our full understanding. However, the most important concept is how the function of these organ systems is heavily influenced by the food we eat.
The Food Prescription for Better Health explains the food classification system that has helped hundreds of Dr. Montgomery’s patients prevent and reverse heart disease. His food prescription is simple and affordable, especially when you compare it to medications and surgery! Read about the experiences of patients who have followed his guidelines:
When I started the program I was on nine different medications. Today I am only on three and will probably get off one more soon. I had very poor sleeping and energy. I sleep about six hours straight and energy level is good. I’m not as tired like I use to be. Blood sugar came down. Blood pressure is better. I lost about 16 pounds. The food is healthy and my appearance is better also. My brothers and sister said you look like your old self. I thank Dr. Montgomery for the information and his good example to all of us who attended the program. I take one step at a time and a full recovery soon. Thanks so much! – C.C.
The program worked great! When I started the program, I was taking two blood pressure pills and a pill for high cholesterol. After one week of eating plant based meals, mainly in juice form (pineapple, oranges, apples, celery, grapes, etc.), my blood pressure dropped to normal and I stopped taking both blood pressure pills. The next week I was able to drop the cholesterol pill. My energy is through the roof. Also, the first week, I lost 9 pounds (without any extra exercise). I lost 18 pounds overall in the 4 weeks. I would highly recommend the HCA Wellness program! – J.M.
It is a common occurrence to see patients discontinuing their medications, losing weight and feeling 20 years younger. Sometimes these results happen in a matter of just a few weeks! The Food Prescription for Better Health provides the same guidelines that Dr. Montgomery has used in his Nutritional Boot Camp. You can follow the same program at home and take charge of your health.
Author Eat To Live and Eat For Health
Board of Directors American College of Lifestyle Medicine
Research Director, Nutritional Research Project
The Food Prescription for Better Health: Your Prescription for Heart Disease
This book provides all of the information, guidelines, practical advice and recipes you need to make a profound transformation in your life. Dr. Montgomery has compiled his learning from years of clinical experience and presented it in an easy-to-read format. The book explains his customizable food classification system and provides much of the information covered in his Nutritional Boot Camp.
- Outlines the poor health condition of Americans
- Provides a detailed description of how the body works
- Tells the real story of what healthy food is, dispelling many myths
- Describes how proper nutrition is important for optimal health
- Provides a step-by-step approach to reverse your health problems using nutrition
- Shows scientific evidence for the efficacy of the program
Buy Your Copy and Start Transforming Your Health
Why not order your copy now? Many other patients have said goodbye to their heart disease medications and revolutionized their health. Maybe it’s time you made a change in your life.*
Order Your Copy Now: Only $16.95
Page Count: 202
* Note: The information provided in The Food Prescription for Better Health is for educational purposes and is not intended to be medical advice. If you have a health condition, seek competent medical help.